El Saturday 08 September 2007 19:25:37 Kevin Brosius escribió:
> andres wrote:
> > I don't like the new website design too much, for some technical and
> > aesthetic reasons that we can discuss if someone feels like it.
> >
> > But better than discussing is posting a mock up of how I envisioned the
> > new E.org, this is a "work in progress" version.
> >
> > http://img359.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ewebww1.png
> >
> > In another mock up I made some content layout and design changes not
> > included in this mock up since I could commit those changes to the
> > current design regardless of this suggestion.
> >
> > If there is interest in this design I will make the necessary changes to
> > the website CVS module and send them to the mailing list in the form of a
> > patchfile.
> >
> > Andres (z_en_coder)
>
> Right side menus always seem to be off screen in my browsers...
>
> This has similar issues to the current design in terms of layout width
> on smaller screens.  I realize you and raster must be using 2 wide
> monitors. :P

The design is going to downscale gracefully until 800x600.
With bigger resolutions only the content gets wider while the menu remains the
same size.
My intention is to keep the markup/css as simple as possible and respect the
browser's default font and resolution settings.

This is just a mock up, I used 1024x768 as an example since it's what most
people on the intertubes use (so did I until a few months ago =)