On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 10:41:59PM -0300, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> If you have any knowledge of this topic, please help. I'm still a bit
> confused about this overlay thing, maybe it's very helpful, as if you
> can have a ARGB overlay with my GUI so I port Evas to it, run it as
> ARGB surface and  play the video on the background from another place.
> But maybe it's not like that and it's just a way to get hardware to
> output to some region directly (like h264/mpeg2 decoders writing to
> it) and I'd have to draw my surface on top of it using colorkey or
> retrieving the pixels (possible slow) to do alpha blend, making things
> more difficult.

On the device I'm working on (PXA270 based) I have 2 overlays, one
overlay is an yuv with direct feed from my camera, the other overlay is
a RGB 5:5:5 which I'm using for my OSD.

Right now I'm rendering my OSD in an evas_buffer and convert/copy the
buffer into the overlay when an update is needed. This works pretty well
if you don't have to many updates and no edje animations etc on the OSD.

-- Lars Munch