Eric Sandall wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2008, Christopher Michael wrote:
>
>> Sebastian Dransfeld wrote:

>>> I think package maintainers would like modules to install in a location
>>> where e finds it, so I don't really think we should use --prefix. At
>>> least since modules don't use --prefix like normal apps do. For most
>>> users it isn't logical that ./configure --prefix=/usr in 'e_modules'
>>> wont work with ./configure --prefix=/usr in 'e'.
>>>
>>> Maybe a --set-module-installation-dir option?
>>>

>>> Sebastian
>>>
>> Well, before the great autofoo changes, this used to work. If you passed
>> in a prefix (eg: same prefix as E) it would install to the module
>> directory under E. If you did not pass a prefix, then it installed to
>> the user's home directory (under ~/.e/e/modules) which is a place that E
>> also checks.
>>

> For now I've modified the e_module-notification package to specify
> --prefix=/usr/lib/enlightenment/modules. I will remove that once this
> is fixed (or add it to all other modules if they are changed).
>
> -sandalle

As I already said it before, calling ./configure with no --prefix will
use this path.
You don't need it. Moreover the other modules doesn't take the --prefix=/usr
option. They override it and goes in enlightenment's module dir anyway.
If you run the configure with --prefix=/tmp they go in
/usr/lib/enlightenment/module
The only flag able to change that is --enable-homedir-install which is also
supported in the notification module.

The notification module, and probably any other module, works from anywhere.
So even installed in /foo/bar, the only thing required to make them work
is to add
/foo/bar in the list of modules search path.

All I did is enable the usual behaviour of the --prefix option in this
module. But
since it seems to trouble a lot of people that this flag actually do
it's job. I can
also remove the option and end all this.