Hey there,

I have a problem with the remember-window-settings, that is there since this
settings exists:
If I remember the settings "Virtual Desktop" or "Current Screen" it works
fine, but for starting the apps I need to have my focus/view on the screen
the app should start on.
This is a problem as you might forget that you turned on the
remember-settings some time ago and the application simple won't show up
when you start it, without an error.
Especially if you have really many vdesktops it can be a problem to come to
named desktop so you probably might look for an error where is none.

So my question is: Is there a way to start this applications in background
on the correct screen without viewing it? If not, would it at least be
possible to have a little signal that the app will appear when the focus is
on screen/vdesktop $x?
Furthermore, for the first case, it would be cool to have a little reminder
on which desktop the application started, I guess the pager-popup can do
that job.

As this could really improve the usability (and as I have this problem every
month without remembering what the reason was  :-) ) I'd be glad to get
answers or even better a solution.

Cheers,

thomasg