Jose Gonzalez wrote:
>>  > >    However you have it (though rel coords would seem best),
>>  > > if you really want ewl to be a flexible tool for building
>>  > > artistic, rich apps, then you'll want a natural way to
>>  > > arbitrarily position child *widgets* - not just evas objects..
>>  > > and to allow for custom kinds of child widget layout mechanisms.
>>  >
>>  > This is currently what the overlay container is for, but it's
>>  > based on absolute coords.
>>
>>     Ah, ok.. interesting :) Ummmm... let me ask you this, just
>> as a kind of 'academic' question:  How natural (or easy/straight-
>> forward) would it be to write something like 'expedite' with ewl -
>> without the engines or performance stuff, or the actual kinds of
>> gfx things.. just the 'demo' like aspect using say images and
>> maybe some other kinds of widgets (buttons, labels, whatever..)?
>>     Or something like that anyway.. But no falling back to 'evas'.
>>  :)
>>

>     Just to make it a bit more flexible though, let's also
> allow for 'importing' evas objects - if possible (not sure if ewl
> has this at the moment, but just in case).
>     But the app should be a ewl app that 'demos' ewl widgets,
> in a rich, cinematic way.. with a main interface much like the
> current expedite. It should not be an ecore_evas app that has
> widgets embedded in evas objects though - that's interesting too,
> but not the point of the exercise.
>     Is something like that natural to obtain with ewl and its
> overlay widget?

I didn't use the overlay, but here is expedites main menu done in Ewl.
Yes, I know the math is off, but that hasn't anything to do with Ewl.

This is a custom Ewl container and Ewl_Image objects placed into it.
It's actually pretty trivial to do this in Ewl. The majority of the
example is figuring out where to place the objects.

http://withinepsilon.com/ewlpedite.tar.gz

If you want to import an Evas object just wrap it in a simple Ewl object
which is also pretty trivial
(http://everburning.com/news/small-as-small-can-be/). Which also means
you can hook it into the Ewl code which reuses Evas objects when
something is off screen.

dan