Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) schrieb:
> (floating point numbers may lose accuracy as they are decoded as
> decimal and thus when encoded again may not be exactly the same).

Afaik, there is no accuracy loss if you convert a hexadecimal (or
binary) number into a decimal number since 10 has 2 as a prime factor. I
don't know, however, how many digits you will need. Bigger problem could
be that eet use %f instead of %e. So really big or really small numbers
are not covered.

Peter