----- "Michael Stapelberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ha scritto:

> Hi Dave,
>
> * [13.04.08 03:37]:
> > Hi, really a good module !! good work
> > This version works well on my machine, also my xterm problem seem
> solved :)
> Thanks, good to hear :-).
>
> > You should add an
> > X-Enlightenment-ModuleType=system
> > line to the module.desktop.in file to make the module appear in the
> right
> > category on the module setting dialog. Is system the right category
> for you?
> Oh, thanks for the hint. I forgot this one. "appearance" is the more
> appropriate category, I think. New Revision is in the git
> repositories.
>
> > In my opinion we can commit the patch for e as it's really simple
> and
> > brake free, so to make testing easier.
> Yes, I think so, too. Anyone got CVS access and is willing to put the
> following patch in please?
> http://staff.get-e.org/?p=users/michael/e17-tiling.git/.git;a=blob_plain;f=desk.patch;hb=d1ff98e8d9de4cce37fa1643885413c0401b73e2
>
> > Also I think your module should replace the "really too much" simple
> layout
> > internal module once it is stable enought.
> I think this one is to be used for something different (e17 on
> embedded
> devices), however let raster speak on this ;-).
>
> > Now a feature request: the ability to set a border for the desktop
> that
> > will not be covered by tiling, for example top 10px, left 100px...
> > This is usefull if you have other staff than shelf around your
> desktop,
> > like itask, trayer or module placed on the desktop ;)
> Ah, I see. I don't use anything like that so I didn't think about it
> before.
> Wouldn't the best solution be to integrate everything into shelves as
> it
> should be part of your windowmanager anyway?

Something is impossible to integrate, like trayer (as we need a better tray
spec), and something
(like itask) don't make sense in a shelf.

> One way to fix that would be to let the module not only take care of
> shelves
> but also of sticky windows so you can just set it sticky in e and all
> the
> other windows will go around it but the window itself will not be
> tiled and
> not be set floating.

This could be an intresting solution, it will work for trayer, but probably not
for itask. Because itask use a trasparent window that is much bigger than the
bar itself.
My border idea can also be only an estetic preference, you can also want to
view a piece of your desktop. We should implement both (sticky and border) to
give a user the maximum flexibility.

Thanks
Dave