----- "Гусев Фёдор" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ha scritto:

> Hello everyone.
>
> I am a SoC student working on improvement of E's integrated file
> manager and was requested to make a status report.
>
> For now, I was working on a slave process, that actually performs all
> the file operations (e.g. copy and move). As I see, it's now in a
> very
> good state. It performs all three operations (cp, mv and rm), sends
> status updates (how much work is done and how much time is left). It
> also catches all errors and is able to receive user responses; and it
> deals with overwrites. The code is available at
> http://efilemanager.googlecode.com and you can just run 'svn checkout
> http://efilemanager.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ efilemanager' to get
> the
> sources. I also compared my code with coreutils cp, and you can get
> the results at http://efilemanager.googlecode.com/files/EFMvsCP.pdf

Hey guy, really good resuts :)

> For the last week I was working on integrating this one into E
> itself.
> Now enlightenment_fm is able to start slave process to perform an
> operation, receive status updates and errors. Both (as well as
> overwrite questions) are passed to the main E process. For
> errors&overwrites I have dialog that pop up and user can response.
> Status updates are passed too, but there is no GUI for them yet; they
> are just printed to STDOUT. The patch can be download at
> http://efilemanager.googlecode.com/files/e_fm_merge_slave.patch , put
> e_fm_op.c and e_fm_op.h from svn to e/src/bin.
>
> At this very moment I am working around copy&paste feature.
>
> What am I gonna do till the end of summer? Put EFM into stable and
> usable state. Resolve all issues I know about and those I will learn.
> This includes DND, copy-n-paste, trash and .order issues. I hope I'll

For the trash: I have a patch for Efreet that add fdo trash support. I have
written it for the trash module, but it reside in efreet so that also
the fm can use it ;)
You can find the patch at:
http://www.gurumeditation.it/blog/enlightenment/trash/
(note that is a separate lib in efreet so you have to link against)

I Hope we can share the code.
Dave