On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 19:08:35 -0500 Nick Hughart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> Well the i965 driver is actually quite shitty atm.  They are working
> more on render acceleration then 3D acceleration at this point from what
> I've seen.
>
> I just tested expedite on my NVIDIA 6600gt and it pretty much creamed
> the software engine in almost every test.  The only ones that the
> software really pulled out ahead where some of the simpler blending
> tests near the end.  Text rendering was even much faster which is
> something that I've never seen till I tested on this card.  So there may
> still be hope for the GL engine :)

it all depends on your cpu..and gpu.. and drivers. on my desktop at home
(nv8600gt and a core2-duo 3ghz) the software engine is about 80% the speed of
gl in expedite... not too shabby - but this is thanks to a hyper-powerful
cpu... then again the gfx card isn't a slouch either! :)