ok.

first - i know there will be unhappiness and disagreements. but i've been
thinking and it's time to stop the status-quo here. some people will be pissed
off, some will just be mildly unhappy, some not care, some be happy and some
overjoyed. i ask to leave flamethrowers at the door.

since this has been argued back and forth before and everyone has said their
piece... it's nothing new.

1. we have had cvs for a long time - something in the region of a decade of
using cvs... we already have an svn server - and i' have brought it up to
working order: http://svn.enlightenment.org ... it was originally installed as
a dependency for trac - and has been lurking, unused.

i have added full dev access (there is a devs dir in svn - same devs copied
from cvs, with same ssh keys and thus same access as same usernames). all
existing devs have access. anonsvn is also working. it also sends mails to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] on commits with diffs.

to subscribe etc.

so this is up. it's ready to use - let's use it. using svn instead of cvs is
childs play. i won't go into it. why not git? compromise and git is very
different. all this needs now is:

a. suspend of cvs activity.
b. import of existing cvs tree(s) and maybe a re-org in the process, but KEEP
HSITORY. i intend to remove the e17 dir and everything inside of it, flatten
out to:
e17/apps/ -> apps/
e17/docs/ -> docs/
e17/libs/ -> libs/
e17/proto/ -> proto/
e17/test/ -> test/

we already have:
devs/ -> devs/

and i want to put in other cvs modules:
misc/ -> misc/
eterm/ -> old/eterm/
web/www -> www/
e16/ -> old/e16/
e_modules/ -> apps/e_modules

that's an initial import of our existing cvs modules/trees. from there on it's
all svn. things can be moved and so on around. (and svn supports rename/mv).

c. continue development from there.

i hope to get this done in the next few weeks (in august).

and

2. trac (bugzilla alternative). this integrates with svn - ticket numbers in
log commits will have links back to their tickets in trac. it even allows wiki
formatting in svn logs. it's simpler than bugzilla and imho easier to use, but
has enough to work with. it support multiple sub-projects (already several in
trac) and milestones and releases. it does the job. i don't want to import
existing bugzilla bug items... so keep bugzilla for the old stuff, but start
using trac for new feature requests, bug reports etc. i know i intend to
anyway. it's just more usable (imho). it's integration with trac's wiki and svn
are great. it's overall a good tool. trac is at:

http://trac.enlightenment.org/e

again. this won't be popular with everyone - but i think it's for the best.
we've got too many dangling "things to do" and things put off - so these are 2
steps of many to get things organised. trac is up and ready now, so simply once
svn is moved. start using it.