On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:12:13 +0200 "Cedric BAIL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled:

> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Cedric BAIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> Yeah, I know, that's why I asked. I just don't like the idea of not
> >> breaking the API/ABI and adding code to work around for marketing
> >> issue.
> >>
> >> Just looking at the TODO. We are planning to add :
> >>  - support for scripting langage to convert from their object type to
> >> eet data and from eet data to script object.
> >>  - streaming API for both audio and video.
> >>
> >> The only draw back on switching to 2.0 branch on Eet, is that we
> >> currently have one standing bug covered by the test case, that I can
> >> find a way to fix (bug in dump/undump) and this will mean that at some
> >> point we will need to make another release of the 1.0 branch.
> >
> > Do we need a different key for each read/write operation? I see this
> > being more a key per file, in that case make an eet_key_set(ef, key)
> > and check for the set pointer inside read/write operations.
> >
> > the existing parameters are really one per entry, like compression.
>
> I am not really planning to cypher all the data of the file, but just
> on a entry basis. So you can cypher eet data, but not picture for
> example. And I want to add this to eet_data_descriptor_decode and
> encode too.
>
> Between it will be a good time to also remove eet_data_descriptor2_new
> and eet_data_descriptor3_new.

hmm an api break... hmmm. hmmm. very soon after a 1.0.0 (i knew it was too
soon!).

ok - here's my deal. remove descriptor2/3 and merge that all into 1 so fix that
mess and you get your cypher key - as long as it doesnt break apps (eet using
apps and libs) :)

maybe you want to postpone this until all the eina stuff is done?