On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> During the conference my laptop suspend/resume decided to barf and I
> have to shutdown and restart lots of time, having to wait for the
> always slow boot process (mine is still not under 5s) and part of it
> is loading entrance and e...
>
> But wait, most of users I know just have one single user in their
> machine, including myself... so why use entrance at all? We should
> have a way to ask enlightenment to start with the desktop lock on,
> some command line option like "-locked" so I'm still safe, but as soon
> as I type my password I have something ready and working, possible my
> autostart apps are fully working and everything. And all of that
> without special hacks like Gnome guys did to have GDM to preload gnome
> session before...
>
> To me it's plain simple, but before I dig into code to have that
> working, do you see any problems with that approach?

So at least 3 guys answered to me in IRC with positive feedback (being
in the same situation as I am). Do anyone see a problem with such
approach?

Does anyone know better what's required for user switch? Maybe it
would be good to change Entrance when it's fixed/rewrite so we have a
way to do autostart as well, in that case Entrance would start itself
as the minimum smart session end monitor that it uses once users logs
in. That way it doesn't impact boot times and it is still possible for
people to change users later.
    Maybe that can be added to E desktop lock, since when I see
multiple users running on the same machine I see they using multiple X
sessions, so it's just a matter of spawning a new server... but I'm
not sure about coordination between those... or those with the login
manager, but KDE/KDM does keep track of such information (at least if
you want to shutdown it will first show that there are other users
logged in and confirm you want to proceed).

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems