El Tuesday 11 November 2008 14:28:56 Lionel ORRY escribió:
> 2008/11/11 Stephane Bauland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Toma wrote:
> >> Ive always been a proponent of more docs and have always tried to make
> >> docs. Im down with it.
> >>
> >> The 0th step is creating a roadmap of what needs more documentation,
> >> what needs documentation revision, and how to organize all the
> >> documentation.
> >
> > I'm agree, the good way is to have a roadmap in trac, sure.
> >
> >>  And instead of a 'team' as such, we could create a
> >> system where you just add a short blurb about a certain function then
> >> that gets added to a database... unless thats already possible?
> >>
> >> It would be good to keep it all on a wiki type setup,
> >
> > Imho, using something like docbook or another documentation's
> > format will be better, using this, it'll be more easy to provide
> > documentation in differents formats.
>
> Attached is an example of what can be done using AsciiDoc
> (http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/index.html). The source file is a
> plain text file (the extension is .txt), and can generate docbook (see
> the pdf output using asciidoc + xsltproc + docbook-xsl-stylesheets +
> fop 0.95) of html (see the html output).
>
> It is easy to learn and to maintain. Moreover, a plain text file can
> be easily versioned through Subversion.

I just wanted to show some support for any kind of simple, plain text
documentation language like AsciiDoc or reStructuredtext.

After using Docbook for more than a couple of months —with documents of others
and my own— I came to the conclusion that Docbook documents are
overcomplicated, unreadable, unmaintainable pieces of shit that I wouldn't
touch with a ten foot pole ever again.  My experience with conversion tools
for Docbook was bad as well.