Am Sat, 6 Dec 2008 20:19:24 +0100 (CET) schrieb Dave Andreoli:

> ----- "Andreas Volz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ha scritto:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm really down, because I lost two hours of Edje design, because
> > Edje_Editor corrupted my file. :-(
> >
> > I simply created a new text part. It comes up without states and
> > after
> > saving and reopening, the Edje_File was corrupted. Even I couldn't
> > decompile it with edje_decc.
>
> The textpart you created was a normal text or a textblock? it's stange
> that it was created without the default state.

A normal text. Do you like to have the corrupted file? Does that help?

What I did this time is to use group_swallow. Before I had no problems.

> > I know Edje_Editor is in a development state. But may it be possible
> > add a automatic backup for saving? So if Edje_Editor corrupts the
> > file
> > than I could switch back to the myedje.edj.bak file. Currently
> > Edje_Editor is to dangerous for me to use it.
>
> The editor used to make a .bak in the past, don't remember when I
> lost that function :P  I will reimplement it.
>
> Do you think a single .bak is enought ?? or it's better to do
> a .bak1 .bak2 .bak3 etc ??

My idea was this logic:

-> at open time => myedje.bak.load
-> at save time 1 => myedje.bak.1
-> at save time 2 => myedje.bak.2
-> at save time 3 => myedje.bak.3

Then cyclic overwrite bak.1 to bak.3. The bak.load is problematic as it
creates a file without saving. Maybe write that file to /tmp. I think
it's only a feature that needs to be as long as edje_editor isn't
stable.

regards
Andreas