> Hello.
>
> But, if I mounting DVD-RW device, described in fstab as:

beg your pardon, but if you wish to use hal+dbus+(for example "places"
E-module), then the mounted/ejected on-the-fly partitions should not be
listed in "fstab" at all. please read a bit here:

http://code.google.com/p/e17mods/wiki/Places

about proper PolKit configuration.

>   /dev/scd0 /media/cdrom1 udf,iso9660 ro,user,noauto,utf8 0 0
> (of course, mountpoint exists), efm try to mount /media/<label> directory and
> fails, although need /mount/cdrom1, as described in fstab.
> This situation occurring for any removable device which mountpoints and
> options described in fstab.
>
> Maybe we need to create memory container that holds device, mountpoint,
> options and current state, updating according HAL events? Also we need a GUI
> for setting/review mount options. This container creating when new device HAL
> event accepted and destroying while HAL remove device received. Then we
> define virtual path for fileman, for example 'media', where all this
> containers showed. If HAL-devices view enabled on desktop then also show icon
> for every container. Also we must using /etc/fstab data for predefined
> mountpoints.
>
> Second. Now removable device mounting when fileman opened in it's root
> directory. Unmounting doing when last file manager window, associated with
> this device, closed. Maybe do mount on first access to device and umount when
> user wish?
>
> Any other suggestions?

imho - some basics about mount, fstab/mtab, dbus and hal could help i
guess :). just keep in mind that fstab/mtab and dbus+hal are a bit
different in operation modes :).