On Saturday 02 May 2009 16:42:33 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> A solution that could help is to create an embryo variant for emit(),
> like emit_group() that would take the PART:id and do the work, this is
> actually easy to do and you can try.

How about if we allow the use of "group:signal" as signal name?
I've implemented this as a test, and it works like expected.

Constructions such as

script {
 emit("languageselection:languages_fade_in", "");
}

and

action: SIGNAL_EMIT "languageselection:languages_fade_in" "";

are possible with this.
And it slightly follows the

source: "groupname:partname"

convention, which we already have.