Hello,
  I have tackled this myself, and at one point used some macros as
defined in the cookbook here :

http://wiki.enlightenment.org/index.php/Creating_Edje_User_Interfaces#Edje_Code

I did have to do some re-organization of course, but in the end was able
to generate 12 icons that would pulse, were draggable, etc.  I could
provide a sample if needed, just send me a direct email.

Note that it *seems* as though someone out there said there was a newer
better way, but I have never learned that "trick" :-)

Thanks,
Jess