2009/6/16 Peter Wehrfritz <peter.wehrfr...@web.de>:

> Since lbraw seems to be GPL licensed, I'd prefer libopenraw. If libraw has
> features that libopenraw does not provided, we can maybe have both loaders,
> like it is in emotion with the gstreamer and the xine plugin.

libraw is a GLP lib, but we can found LGPL 2.1 version (libraw-lite)
on their website. This lite version doesn't provide some image format
due to restricted licences of underlying sofware. I didn't found
exhaustive list of formats supported by libraw and libraw-lite.
This lib exists for Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD and Windows 32/64Bits. It
is written with a mix of C and C++

Libopenraw is LGPL and supports :
Adobe DNG
Canon_CR2
Canon_CRW
Epson_ERF
Nikon_NEF
Olympus_ORF
Pentax PEF
Sony ARW
Minolta_MRW

This lib is written in C++ and a C API is provided. It doesn't support
Windows. MacOS seems to be support  (darwin ports). And bsd seems
supported though.

I didn't look at the APIs, but I will do soon.

regards,
--
Nicolas Aguirre
Mail: aguirre.nico...@gmail.com