On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Dave Andreoli <d...@gurumeditation.it> wrote:

> 2009/9/17 Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr>
>>

>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:

>>> Yes, I also found it hard to find out where to add these stuff. If you
>>> know a better place to add those, please be my guest and move
>>> contents. You can either delete the old or redirect. And doing it
>>> sooner than latter will be easier as we can use timeline to easily
>>> spot links that were added referring to new page.
>>
>> What I suggest, is to group the "Enlightenment FAQ" and "Programming with
>> the EFL" sections into only one "Documentation" section (I think that it is
>> important that the word 'Documentation' appears somewhere):
>>
>> Documentation
>>  * User guides (note the plural)
>>  * Programming with the EFL
>>  * Autotools integration
>>  * Eina
>>  * Eet
>>  * etc...
>>
>> FAQ is the current FAQ page, maybe to update (i don't know its status)
>>
>> User Guides is a page that containes user guides (!) for the applications
>> like e16, e17, exalt or eyelight)
>>
>> Autotools integration is the current page
>>
>> Eina is a page with some doc (so you eina log page would be here)
>> Eet same than Eina
>>
>> We can of course put Ethumb here too.
>>
>> Maybe we can also link to pages that are created by the script in
>> /home/ewww. That would allow to have the tutorials linked automatically,
>> and, as you say below, it will be more sync with the modifications.
>>
>>> All in all, i guess it's better to move that stuff to source files as
>>> @page tutorial_* stuff, it's not as visible or easier to have users to
>>> contribute (do they do it anyway?), but it's closer to the problem and
>>> possibly will be less out-of-sync (it is impossible to keep it sync'ed
>>> I know).
>>
>> indeed
>>
>>> Still about documentation, I noticed docs.enlightenment.org APIs are
>>> bit behind, who manages that? Could you update? Could you include
>>> ethumb as well?
>>
>> I don't know who manages that.
>
> I think that mekius should manage the server... but the doxy
> generation is broken since months (like also the images in trac)
>
> The doxy generation are broken becouse of the new 'make doc'
> command, that require a successfull autogen on every packages. but packages
> are not installed on the server and autogen fails searching deps.

I understand why having "make doc" and it depending on autoconf, but
the server do not need to rely on it, it's much easier to have a shell
script with doxygen calls directly... we just few packages that is
easily to maintain... or we can agree that packages should have a
folder "doc" with file "Doxfile" in it.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems