I'll be developing an embedded game, and I want to use EFL for it.
Actually, already working on an older game developed by someone else,
but this new one I can start from scratch for some aspects.  I'd like to
see some discussion about the pro and cons of the various choices
available to me when using EFL for this project.  So I can benefit from
the experiences of others.

I do want to use edje for the graphics, with lua in the edje if it's
ready enough.  The main development language is C though.

Probably most important is which type of display to use.  X is likely
to be overkill.  The previous game used a combination of svgalib and
ncurses.  The method used to build svgalib from scratch sent shivers of
horror up my spine.  I don't want to use svgalib.  Mixing a graphics
and text environments seemed wrong to me to, and has caused some
problems.  So, what else other than X, svgalib, and ncurses, that does
use EFL, and lets us use edje, do people suggest and why?

At some point a version of linux I build from the ground up will be
used.  Currently DSL that has been cut down is being used.  The problem
with that is that it still carries too much crap we don't use.  Uses
too much storage space.  It gets harder and harder to trim out the
unused crap, so building a linux up to only have what we need is a
better solution.

The other good thing about building a specialized custom linux, it will
boot a lot quicker, no need to spend lots of time probing the hardware
to find drivers.  We control the hardware, and we will know what
drivers are needed.  Quick booting is important for this project.

Just woke up, so probably more later when I think of it.  lol