On Thu, 8 Oct 2009 15:47:25 +0200 "Michael 'Mickey' Lauer"
<mic...@vanille-media.de> said:

> Raster, X may not be big our bloated, but would you please stop pretending
> you know all usecases people will ever have? There _are_ usecases for plain
> framebuffer.

very very very few cases. even if all you want is 1 process fullscreen, x will
provide portable infrasturcture. if the reason is size, then it's a pretty
specious position considering how small x can really be (compared to everything
else).

but hey! i don't see you coming to his rescue and giving him a fontconfig
setup. at least i suggested something that would work and get him fonts. very x
package install i have come across has also set up Sans for fontconfig. it will
do the job.