Not always, tween is for animating stuff that needs multiple images.
Look at the click tween in the pointer code in the theme. It is
however used for the busy animation that loops in the theme as well.

If its working for you now, then I guess you can fix it.
http://wiki.enlightenment.org/index.php/Embryo/Examples/counting
This example isnt exactly the same, buts its just 1 way you could go about it.
Also you could have a program structure like this...

program{
   click, (if int=0)animate, set_int 1
   click, (if int=1)animate, set_int 0
}