Looks like Gmail thought it should send to ppurka instead of the List, so
I'm relaying my reply:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: William Keaney <kean...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 5:43 PM
Subject: Re: [E-devel] E SVN: quaker IN trunk: . entrance entrance/config
entrance/config/init.d entrance/config/pam.d entrance/data
entrance/data/config entrance/data/fonts entrance/data/images
entrance/data/images/sessions entrance/data/themes entrance/data
To: P Purkayastha <ppu...@gmail.com>

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 2:47 PM, P Purkayastha <ppu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 January 2010 14:34:45 William Keaney wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Enlightenment SVN <
> >
> > no-re...@enlightenment.org> wrote:
> > > Log:
> > >  Entrance 0.9.9.050 :) Again active! :) Added: Sessions list can be
> > > now scrolled. Remove entrance_edit lib and app as it doesnt work
> > > correctly, bash script does the same job. Added elementary
> > > configuration GUI(is compiled just if you have elementary), added two
> > > new themes - they come from OpenGEU and are called Sunshine and
> > > Moonlight; Gettextized it; moved strings from edje file to C; added
> > > support to use predefined greeting message which is translatable(but
> > > still you can use your own), and some more changes. It is still
> > > compatible with all old themes(but you wont get scrollability and
> > > strings outside edje)
> > > Author:       quaker
> > > Date:         2010-01-04 12:14:29 -0800 (Mon, 04 Jan 2010)
> > > New Revision: 44891
> > >
> > > This commit breaks Entrance's PAM authentication on Gentoo, and
> > > possibly
> >
> > other distros.  Following is a PAM configuration that will work on
> >  Gentoo:
> >
> > # /etc/pam.d/entrance
> >
> > auth    include system-auth
> > account include system-auth
> > session include system-auth
> > password include system-auth
> >
> > auth            requisite       pam_nologin.so
> > auth            required        pam_env.so
> > auth            required        pam_env.so envfile=/etc/default/locale
> > session         required        pam_limits.so
>

> For now, I have been making do with the older /etc/pam.d/entrance file on
> gentoo. It works as long as you remove the pam_console.so line (otherwise
> pam compilation fails on a fresh emerge of pam).
>
> In the above pam file, you refer to envfile=/etc/default/locale. No such
> file
> is present in both my x86 and amd64 gentoo systems.

Talking to some people on IRC, it looks like /etc/default/locale only serves
to set your (surprise) locale, à la "LANG=en_US.UTF-8".  Since we handle
that differently in Gentoo, I don't think it will hurt to leave that line in
entrance's PAM config alone, or omit it altogether.

Will