On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 23:40:16 -0200 Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
> <barbi...@profusion.mobi> said:
>
>> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Carsten Haitzler <ras...@rasterman.com>
>> wrote:

>> > ecore_file ALSO has the file monitoring stuff - which needs a mainloop.
>> > so... no can do in eina. ecore-file should stay where it is.
>>
>> ok, but still against moving ecore_file_dir_get(),
>> ecore_file_file_get() out of it?! these are basic and some of these
>> functions are already duplicated internally in Eina for use in places
>> like ecore_module anyway... ecore_file_rm_recursive and friends are
>> generally useful, IMHO they should even be in libC/posix, as we can't
>> change that, so move to eina.
>
> then you have some file stuff in eina, some in ecore-file - sounds not so good
> to me.

Ok, but you have to agree that file downloading, monitoring and simple
operations are very, very different. For instance I bet that even
kernel does not have inotify inside fs/ folder :-P

I'm rather rename to avoid conflicts:

    - eina_fs_{cp,mv,...}  (basic file operations)

    - ecore_inotify or ecore_file_monitor (but it can also monitor
directories...)

    - ecore_con_file_download

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri