This isnt a shout out for apple or the ipad, but heres what they did
with the capacitive screen on this thing.

"Furthermore, Apple has helped make the capacitive touchscreen more
accessible to those with dexterity limitations by introducing an
electronic stylus. Our research has shown that those with limited
finger movement and/or sensation in their fingertips had greater
success using resistive touchscreen devices because of the ability to
use a stylus. But, the electronic stylus for the capacitive
touchscreen interfaces levels the playing field."

I dunno the specifics, but capacitive screens are a negative for
people with some disabilities at least. Personally Ive found iphones
to be a pain in the ass to use due to the physical restrictions of the
capacitive screen and my big fingers on small webpages.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents.
Toma.