Cool, thanks.

My reading of those pages indicates that, were I to follow the recommendations
contained therein, I would always use the EINA_LOG_DOM_*() macros and never
the EINA_LOG_*() macros, because they use EINA_LOG_DOMAIN_GLOBAL, and as a
good developer I should have my own domain(s) for my project.

I think it would be helpful to allow developers to specify a logging domain
for an entire source file, which the EINA_LOG_*() macros would use.  This
would cut down on typing and errors in consistency, and increase the SNR of my
code.

My suggestion: the EINA_LOG_*() macros always log to EINA_LOG_DOMAIN_DEFAULT,
which would initially be set to EINA_LOG_DOMAIN_GLOBAL, and may be overridden
by a developer in a particular file.  The complication is that it would have
to be reset for the next file.  On the other hand, it could encourage better
developer habits regarding header files and whatnot.

pete

(My apologies if this has already been discussed.)