On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 8:13 PM, Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr> wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Feb 2010, Vincent Torri wrote:
>

>> On Sun, 28 Feb 2010, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:

>>> as I said in the other mail, I'm pretty sure it is available in other
>>> platforms since I've used it in lots of code I added to SVN.
>>>
>>> If not available in windows, it's better to just implement it in evil,
>>> but should be easy to do in 2 pass printf implementation.
>
> and, btw, no, it can't be achieve this way : vsnprintf does not return the
> number of char if the buffer is not sufficiently arge (contrary to the libc
> implentation on linux). It returns -1 in that case
>
> Vincent
>
>>> asprintf() is a very useful function.
>>
>> and a buffer can also be used, like most of similar code in the efl

Ouch, this is quite bad. Maybe evil should provide it's own snprintf()
that is compatible with POSIX and implement the asprintf() variant. I
know I often check the return of snprintf() when I know I can get
bogus value and the result might be truncated (so of no real use) and
I do as the recommended man page says (compare to >= sizeof(buf))

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems