On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Cedric BAIL <moa.blueb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For the sake of consistency, I would like to propose this patch that
> enable the possibility to move around polygons like any other evas
> object. It comes with a patch to expedite. With this patch, it also
> open the path to improve polygon rendering by calculating them only
> when they are altered, not moved around.

well, this was discussed a bit before, I agree that moving the poly
object should move everything, but then people started to discuss what
to do with resize, since the argument would be the same.

well, resize for images is already different from what is expected...
as it will not scale, but tile... however that rectangle itself is
filled.

one alternative proposed is to have all polygon points as float point
pairs, that are relative to the object. then on resize, the points
would be recalculated. That tends to be slower, but would work as
expected.

the last option is to have all points relative to the geometry itself,
and rescale would just clip what gets out.

> So what's your feedback on the subject ? Should I apply it or discard it ?

looks fine, but I wonder if it is not possible to remove the offset in
the struct... just using cur and prev geometries instead.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems