On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:34:18 +0800 Brian Wang <brian.wang.0...@gmail.com> said:

> I finally got time to test the latest genlist code.  Sorry for the
> delay.  Here is the test result:
> * Scrolling (homogeneous mode) with block_count=1,=32: sluggish; I
> tested it on the old code, and it was sluggish too...  Damn the CPU...
>  I'm probably having too many Evas_Objects in the elm_win...  In a
> less complex app, the scrolling of a 600-item genlist seems quite
> smooth.

ooh thats not going to help either. the more objects u have the more the render
time overhead as it needs to do more. dont keep too many objects around you
don't need. that's my suggestion.

> I have another newbie question:
> When I drag an item around (not flick), the item will move to the
> position of my finger with some delay when the dragging movement is
> rapid.  Is there a way to improve this or it is merely a hardware
> limitation?

well there is simply delay in input and rendering. input events come from the
ts kernel device to x - then to ecore and it calls evas calls to call the event
callbacks - and then a redraw is queued - and then.. well - the screen needs to
re-render, then the next time the screen refreshes - u see the updates. this
does take time. the slower your machine - the longer that time. i've done some
pretty detailed analysis on this - on pretty comparable bits of hardware, efl
is about the same or a little less latency than things like the iphone - yes -
i've stared at detailed video footage comparisons (300fps) and done the checks
counting frames of latency between finger moving and ui reacting - and... efl
is right up there with its commercial competitors that everyone raves about
having "amazingly good input response times" and "low latency", "feels good"
etc. etc.

all i can say is.. that's as good as it gets your your hardware given what u
are asking it to render (so time to render frame is latency) and your current
input drivers (there may be significant latency in the ts drivers - it is
technically possible).