Thanks, I am not aware of any patch for MacOS-X but I would be happy
to create one , although I might need some help.

In the mean time, I have used other work-arounds that have allowed me
to compile and install the packages.

FYI "Fink" (as described on the E MacOSX page) is an older X11
implementation on MacOS that has been out of date and unsupported for
at least 2 years (actually Fink has many problems and was abandoned).
Apple's latest X11 implementation is excellent, much more compatible
than before, and does not require Fink. E16 compiles and runs great
just using the default Darwin environment, and I am very close to
getting E17 to work. I plan to make a binary install package for MacOS
and to help update the Enlightenment MacOS-X page as soon as I have a
working wm. That page is very out of date.

-Dave