On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Thomas Gstädtner <tho...@gstaedtner.net> wrote:
> While playing with Editje, I noticed that the Emotion widget (as
> edje-external) sets the audio volume to 0.9 (90%) by default, which is
> kind of annoying because just loading the widget automatically changes
> the volume of the mixer (in an hardware accelerated alsa-only setup:
> the PCM mixer).
> I don't think this is necessary, because emotion doesn't need the
> volume initialized.
> The attached patch comments the audio_volume parts out like done with
> other settings in the emotion edje-external, which fixes the behavior.
>
> In case the attachment didn't come through: http://dpaste.com/184330/plain/
>
> If the patch isn't ok for you, let me know how it could be done right.

Well, I did it as 0.9 because by the time EXTERNAL was always being
initialized by Edje_Edit, even if it did not had a default/set value,
so it was going to 0 and that was bad.

Editje is also lacking on that front, it would need to track if values
were actually changed before setting to save it. Otherwise you can't
have parameters that are not changed by states, and then you can't
change them in C/Embryo, like the button label would always be reset
:-/

I can apply your patch, but I guess it is better to solve the Editje problem :-)

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
http://profusion.mobi embedded systems