On Apr 19, 2010, at 1:08 PM, Vincent Torri wrote:

> order:
>
> eina
> eet
> evas
> ecore
> embryo
> edje
> efreet
> e_dbus
> e17
>
> efree, e_dbus and edje depend only on ecore (and its deps) so they
> can be compiled in any order after ecore has been installed.
>
> embryo does not depend on anything but is usually compiled just
> before edje, as only edje is using it.

OKay, good, I will update the wiki with this.

> Btw, another question: did you try to compile and test elementary ?
>
>>> 2) why do you need --enable-simple-x11 when configuring evas ?
>>
>> e17 threw an error that software-X11 was not compiled into
>> ecore_evas.
>>
>> I added this flag to evas initially, and then got a different e17
>> error that ecore was missing ecore_evas_software_X11. So I added
>> the flag to ecore as well.
>>
>> EFL can be used without X11 in principle, to develop Cocoa apps
>> without X11. So it's not unreasonable for software_X11 to be off by
>> default. That's just a guess why I had to set the flag manually.
>
> if you just run evas configure (without any flag), in the configure
> output, is the software Xlib enabled ? If not, paste in pastebin the
> config.h file. There is a problem that must be fixed. The detection
> should be automatic (see line 118 of evas configure.ac)

I am not sure that evas configure was the problem. The problem may
have been with ecore all along. At the time, I was working in brute-
force mode. I will re-check this. e17 definitely threw an error about
software X11 in evas but it wasn't clear if the problem was from evas
or ecore's default config.

-Dave