On Fri, 21 May 2010 09:43:10 +1000
David Seikel <onef...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 May 2010 06:18:56 -0400 Michael Blumenkrantz
> <m...@zentific.com> wrote:
>
> > In addition to my request for testing yesterday, I have an
> > additional request for people to rebuild and test more stuff
> > today.  I've just added udev support to the temperature module, and
> > though it works perfectly for me, others may not find this to be
> > the case.  The only way I can track down hardware-related bugs is
> > for people with different hardware to test, so help out!
>
> After a fresh recompile of everything from SVN, the temperature
> settings has a Hardware tab, with two radio buttons, internal and
> udev.  I change it to udev, and even after a complete shutdown and
> restart of E, there is still no choice of sensors.  The display shows
> something, but when I hover over it, it shows "N/A" as the label.  Is
> it supposed to then let me pick one of my four sensors in that tab, or
> maybe another tab?
>
> Seems that just using the enlightenment restart menu is no longer the
> same as shutting down e entirely.  That is what was loosing my
> settings -> system menu, and it's doing that consistently.  A pain, I
> have to close all my windows and try to remember what I was doing
> when I log back on.

I haven't added any sensor selection options yet, that's a TODO item
since it's a feature add rather than functionality add.  Currently udev
mode should calculate the average temperature of all your cpus/cores.
If it isn't working and you're using the latest e/eeze (~12am UTC
today), I'll take another look at the udev readouts you sent me.