On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 5:13 AM, Pigeon <pig...@pigeond.net> wrote:

>        I've noticed there are some Arabic related patches to Evas a
> few months ago. I'm wondering what is the status of Arabic support,
> like including Arabic text input and display.

It should display Arabic correct (mostly, but the word Allah for instance
isn't
displayed correctly yet). On the other hand, full interface mirroring and
text
block alignments are not yet supported.

>        I was trying to e-mail Tom, who submitted those Arabic patches,
> about this but his e-mail bounced back.

I'm this Tom, and I'm alive and kicking, feel free to contact me at any
time.

>        Does anyone know if the Arabic support needs any more work, or
> if it might work to some degree already?

Arabic support does need more work, but as I said, it's fully functional.
I'm an Hebrew speaker myself, I have know nothing about Arabic, I just
compared
texts from wikipedia to my renderings (with very little help from an Arabic
friend of mine).
I use EFL with Hebrew on a day to day basis, it's very usable, but again,
final touches are missing,
and I think Arabic should be the same.
I think I will start working on full RTL (Hebrew, Arabic, Persian and etc)
support for enlightenment
starting next week, I will have more info then, ask me in a week to know my
status
if you are interested.

If you have any more questions, please let me know. But to sum things up:
Arabic support is basic now and I hope to vastly improve it soon.
--
Tom.