Create or modify ~/.gtkrc & ~/.gtkrc-2.0:

This is just an example:

include "/usr/share/themes/B_and_W/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"
style "font"
{
  font_name="Droid Sans 8"
}
widget_class "*" style "font"

gtk-icon-theme-name="Buuf-Deuce"
gtk-fallback-icon-theme="Buuf-Deuce"
gtk-theme-name="B_and_W"
gtk-font-name="Droid Sans 8"
gtk-icon-sizes="gtk-menu=16,16:\
                 gtk-button=16,16:\
                 gtk-small-toolbar=16,16:\
                 gtk-large-toolbar=16,16:\
                 gtk-dnd=16,16:\
                 gtk-dialog=16,16"
gtk-toolbar-icon-size = GTK_ICON_SIZE_SMALL_TOOLBAR
gtk-xft-antialias=1
gtk-xft-hinting=1
gtk-xft-hintstyle=hintfull
gtk-xft-rgba=rgb