On 15 Aug 2010, at 19:41, Michael Blumenkrantz wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 19:01:59 +0100
> Matthew Robbetts <wingfeath...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 08/15/10 17:00, Michael Blumenkrantz wrote:

>>> This is unrelated to the efl overlay. You are missing one of the
>>> following on your system:
>>> ecore
>>> ecore-ipc
>>> eet >= 1.2.3
>>> eina
>>>

>> Well, I do have ecore-9999 eet-9999 and eina-9999 all installed. The
>> emerge installs them successfully right before trying to install
>> enlightenment, which fails. I'm not sure what ecore-ipc is, it doesn't
>> seem to be in the overlay. I don't have it installed as an explicit
>> package and, to the best of my knowledge, never have.
>>
>> Again, this emerge command has been working continuously for months - I
>> rebuild about once a fortnight, so surely something must have changed?

> I assume you're missing ecore-ipc, which you can verify by looking for the .pc
> file in /usr/lib/pkgconfig.  I would speculate that your USE has changed
> recently since nothing in the ebuilds has.
>
> --
> Mike Blumenkrantz
> Zentific: Our boolean values are huge.

Thanks a lot, Michael.
I do have an ecore-ipc.pc file in there - does this mean it's installed?
pkg-config does seem to report its libs and whatnot correctly, but I don't know
how to check any more deeply than that. `eix ecore-ipc' doesn't show it, so it
doesn't seem to be a package either in portage or in the efl overlay - but I
clearly don't know the details of efl at all.

I've presumably done something stupid - anything else I can check?