Hello,
  I’ve been trying to resurrect some code I wrote some time ago using
Ecore/Ecore_IPC.  It was failing, so in troubleshooting I came across a sample
in the cookbook handling IPC server and client communication.  In comparison,
my code looks correct.  Upon trying to build the code from the cookbook, I get
the same error as when compiling my own code.  I was wondering if something
possibly changed and has not quite made it to the documentation yet, or if
there is a newer, better way to develop ipc apps?

Here is the cookbook entry:
http://docs.enlightenment.org/books/cookbook/eflcookbook.html#id2538076

Here is the error I am getting when compiling both my code as well as the
sample from the cookbook:

j...@jess-laptop:/home/jess/c/e_dev/examples/ecore_ipc/server# ./compile.sh
2>&1  | head -10
main.c: In function ‘setup_ipc_server’:
main.c:177: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘ecore_event_handler_add’ from
incompatible pointer type
/opt/e17.2/include/ecore-1/Ecore.h:335: note: expected ‘Ecore_Event_Handler_Cb’
but argument is of type ‘int (*)(void *, int,  void *)’
main.c:178: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘ecore_event_handler_add’ from
incompatible pointer type
/opt/e17.2/include/ecore-1/Ecore.h:335: note: expected ‘Ecore_Event_Handler_Cb’
but argument is of type ‘int (*)(void *, int,  void *)’
main.c:179: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘ecore_event_handler_add’ from
incompatible pointer type
/opt/e17.2/include/ecore-1/Ecore.h:335: note: expected ‘Ecore_Event_Handler_Cb’
but argument is of type ‘int (*)(void *, int,  void *)’

Thanks,
Jess