On Sat, 4 Dec 2010, Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010 18:47:38 +0100 (CET) Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr>
said:

On Fri, 3 Dec 2010, Cedric BAIL wrote:

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr> wrote:
On Fri, 3 Dec 2010, Enlightenment SVN wrote:
Log:
      * edje: improve portability and simplify code.

+          snprintf(buf, sizeof(buf), "%s -I%s %s -E -o %s - < %s",
+                      getenv("CC") ? getenv("CC") : "cc",
                    inc, def, tmpn, file_in);
           ret = system(buf);

shouldn't you also pass

-x c

to force the language (gcc can rely on the file extension to select the

No need as I pass it using redirection instead of directly the
filename. That was to avoid complexifying the command line.

language) and

-std=c99

to be sure to remove the c++ comments ?

Good question, don't know if it will be supported by other compiler
than gcc. What's your opinion ?

sun (oracle) compiler: -xc99 (no -std option)
icc: -std=c99
x86 open64 (amd) : -std=c99
vc++ (cl.exe): i don't know

so maybe try first with -std=c99 ; if the command fails, try with -xc99

I don't know other interesting compiler

actually... this brings up a bit of an issue. using cpp/cc/gcc to handle
#includes and macros and #ifdefs and so on was a handy idea... but it creates a
LOT of problems in the maintainability and portability of edje_cc due to
relying on a nebulous cpp that may or may not behave as we expect.

i'm thinking post 1.0 a lot of these features should go into edje_cc itself.
being able to do includes and macros - maybe we can do much more intelligent
macros that are able to understand the rest of the edc syntax and model.

cedric had the same kind of idea, actually (writing a specific preprocessor for edc syntax).

Vincent