On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 07:47:56 +0100 (CET) Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr>
said:

> Hey,
>
> While writing my shoot'm up, I faced 2 problems with the keyboard:
>
> 1) when I want to move the ship, i press an arrow key and let it pressed.
> There is some delay before the key is repeated. Is it possible to set this
> delay with ecore_x or ecore_evas ?

aaaah what you want is to disable key repeat in x and handle only the down and
up events as just that - when key is physically pressed and physically
released. technically you can tell as the timestamp for the up and the next
down event are the same value. they come in together. as such ecore_x has
nothing to set kbd repeat rate unfortunately :(

> 2) When I want to move and shoot at the same time, I press the arrow ky,
> then the space key. The problem is that when pressing the space key, the
> arrow key is "disabled", so i can not move anymore until I press again an
> arrow key. Is it possible to press several keys at the same time ? (I use
> evas events)

see above. x key repeat stuff. you want to disable it and... just handle the
raw down and up events per key - any repeat you do yourself via timers started
on a down and deleted on an up. :)