On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 19:38:57 +0100 Fabian Nowak <timyst...@arcor.de> said:

> Hello,
>
> few weeks ago I obtained the message about e17 pre3 and tried it and was
> very impressed. However, when updating some translations, I found some
> un-i18n'ed components. Attached are the patches that should make them
> translatable. I declared many DBG / ERR messages as translatable because
> they contained messages that are to be translated in other components,
> such as failing file accesses.
>
> Furthermore, on my Debian unstable system, I had to insert some
> includes. These are contained in the attached patch as well.

sorry - didnt get any patches here :(

> Furthermore I have a question that I already raised on the intl mailing
> list:
>
> "Another question I have is why the modules.desktop.in is not included
> in the translation stuff? Regarding Xfce, they managed to include po
> files as well, which made translating more comfortable and also rendered
> the translations more complete by having translated desktop files."

well because desktop files can have translations inside of them - and this
means the translations for a desktop file AND the stuff it's shipped with are
self-contained. in the case of a module - a module LIVES inside of its dir -
data files, binaries, module.so and all. with the translations there its easier
to split modules off or merge them in as u just add that dir to your build or
packaging, or you remove it. you dont have to worry about patching po files.
sure - it means more than 1 file to edit for translations, but everything else
is much easier this way, so i'd say the current method wins for overall
"easier"