On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 09:42:36 +0100 (CET) Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr>
said:

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2011, Tom Hacohen wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Iván Briano (Sachiel)
> > <sachi...@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> s/reverted/rejected/ since I think SVN can actually do that.
> >> It's probably a good idea, otherwise we'll keep thinking "damn this
> >> annoying vtorri guy and his changelogs" every two and a half hours.
> >>

> > I disagree. You don't want to force people who only "added a bit of
> > documentation" or even use git-svn to go nuts.
>
> if we are not strict, it will be a huge mess.

i agree with tom. changelog is about summarizing REAL changes so on a new
release we have them all collected already. fixing a typo in some docs or
"fixing code formatting" isnt worthy of a changelog.

there isnt black and white here. its a matter of good judgment. if we see these
things as black & white we w0ill have a useless changelog. thats what svn's log
is for. if you implement some feature over several days and many commits, there
is no need for many changelog entires. there is only the need for 1 changelog
saying that you added the feature.