> Hmm, news to me. Must have missed that memo ;) ... AFAIK, it's always
> been if ((x) && (!y)) in EFL for over 5-10 years now...

this is honsetly a minor enough point on the list - that its a close tie. i
prefer if ((x) && (y == 3)) myself. i like to clearly group the logic entities
as its clear then just what you meant in the code.

It is fine by me too even if I prefer (x & (y==3)). However is there any
reasons why the dummy variables (loop variables) should be declared in the core
of the function ?

cheers

Mathieu