Hello,

I'm a student in an French engineering school (
IT/Telecommunication/networking) and I am interested in working for
Enlightenment for the Google Summer of Code. I am very interested in
working on the Google Widget Module project.

By reading the project summary, I understand that Webkit would be used
to create a window/application to display a Google Gadget on the desktop
( like this post blog I read explains :
http://www.politreco.com/2010/10/easily-embedding-webkit-into-your-efl-application/).

A project called Google Gadgets for Linux already aims at providing a
platform for running desktop widgets under Linux (using GTK+ and QT
libraries): http://code.google.com/p/google-gadgets-for-linux/ . It
provides among several things a graphics interface to call the standart
graphics components of the target desktop environnement.

But using Webkit, the Enlightenment widget would skip this step. So can
you detail a little bit what is to be done and correct me if I got
something wrong ?

At the moment, how is Webkit maintened ? According to the wiki page
about the EFL port of Webkit, video et geolocation are not working yet.
This is likely to limit the number of available widgets (eg TV set, web
TV related widgets).

Best regards,

Stéphanie Ouillon