On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 01:25:15AM +0100, hannes.janet...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Tom Hacohen <t...@stosb.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 8:56 PM, Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr> wrote:
> >
> >>  We do have some nice infra that should make it possible to include
> >> gadget directly inside the menu and have some cool stuff like that.
> >> But that require some work and I don't think it should be a blocker
> >> for a release. It could be just and extra module to start and later
> >> moved inside E17 or maybe more inside E18.
> >>

> > We are talking about reordering stuff, nothing more.
> >

> Talking about reordering menus. currently gadget right click shows two items:
>
> gadget >
> shelf    >
>
> causing one to do the extra step to go the gadget submenu all the
> time. which is more annoying when one has to move the mouse against
> the screen edge to reveal the menu. Any objections to fix all gadget
> right click menus to this layout:
>
> gadget settings
> ---------------------
> move/resize
> layout
> ---------------------
> shelf            >
>

> Regards,
> Hannes

Yes, i think the current gadget menu is well ordered. Let's not clutter it like
before. Also check the ibar menu, this is more clearer as when putting
everything at the top level. Let's try to really make the window menu more
simpler. For example there is not much sense to have the minimise action at the
top level as it's mostly available via border buttons. I will send a new window
menu tree proposal later today, just need some sleep now...

Kind regards,
Brian