On Sat, 2 Apr 2011 18:40:33 +0900 sangho park <gouach...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> This is a patch for elm_map route feature.
> I added some APIs for route to elm_map.c
>
> there are some route services provided by Open Street Map (yours,
> open route service, monav...)
> I just added 'yours' url callback and will add ors, monav)

My brother gave me his old smart phone last month, and I've been
looking at using it for GPS stuff.  It was WiMo, but I installed
Android on it to see what that is like.  I'm thinking it would be
better to put EFL and friends on it eventually.  A project for a later
day though.

I've got an open source app that can download map data for later use
when you are out in the middle of the aussie bush with no data
connection, or just don't want to pay through the nose for whatever
wireless data connection the greedy telecos decide us second class
prepaid citizens are not worthy enough to get.

Would be good if I could match that with routing software that DOES NOT
need a data connection.  Yes, I know, might be too big a job for a slow
smart phone, and might need different type of data.  I'll probably
build a solar powered, handheld supercomputer out of a stagecoach full
of gumstix though.  B-)

I certainly wont mind carrying around a heap of MicroSD cards full of
map data.  Those things are tiny, would not even notice the weight of a
pocket full.