On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Mike Blumenkrantz <m...@zentific.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:05:13 +0200 (CEST)
> Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr> wrote:
>> maybe it's time to update the NEWS file, with something like
>>
>> Eina 1.1
>>
>> New features:
>>   ****
>>   ****
>>
>> API additions:
>>   ****
>>   ****
>>
> but we are still 10 years from another release...

Actually, I would like to switch to a freeze period next month with
maybe an alpha 1.1 early in may and a RC early in June with a final
relase in middle June. We have already a lot of improvement in our
code base that are worth a release. As part of the freeze period,
fixing NEWS, docs and tests suite...

At the same time we could work on releasing 1.0.1, in early may at the
same time we release the 1.1 alpha. So maybe it's a good time to
request people to test the state of our branch and trunk and build a
small TODO for the freeze period.

That's just my personnal opinion, so don't take that as a plan for a
release, but just as a request for other to express their opinion on
the subject.
--
Cedric BAIL