On Sat, 14 May 2011 22:55:25 +0900
Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) <ras...@rasterman.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 May 2011 11:04:34 +0200 Cedric BAIL <cedric.b...@free.fr> said:
>
> > On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 10:46 PM, Mike Blumenkrantz <m...@zentific.com>
> > wrote:

> > > true, but for linux support it should be using eeze to ensure that it gets
> > > the correct path and supports all possible controls.
> > >

> > Isn't it possible to make eeze an abstraction for all this stuff for
> > more OS than Linux ? That would simplify the work to port of apps on
> > other system. Note I never looked at eeze API, nor at how it work
> > exactly, so this could be completly silly.
>
> it'd pretty much have to emulate the linux udev way of looking at the world on
> all other os's... and to be honest... i see minimal value in it. yes bsd
> exists. but other than osx it's such a small userbase.. is it worth THAT big
> of an effort to make a full udev emulation later thing in eeze?

I actually had planned on adding support for other OSes at some point, namely
BSD. The only reason for this is that I'll probably be working pretty closely
with BSD in my job in the near future, so device-related stuff will go along
with that.
This is not something that will happen soon.

--
Mike Blumenkrantz
Zentific: NULL pointer dereferences now 50% off!