As I know strcasestr is not standard function.
It's a glibc extension.

CONFORMING TO
       The  strstr() function conforms to C89 and C99.  The strcasestr()
func‐
       tion is a nonstandard extension.
-- man page of strcasestr

Is it only used in elementary? If then how about add to check routine in
configure and add in elm_util.c?
Or is it widely used in e project, it can be added in other module.

PS. I google about strcasestr. It's contained in LSB 3.1

http://refspecs.freestandards.org/LSB_3.1.1/LSB-Core-generic/LSB-Core-generi
c/baselib-strcasestr.html