On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 11:16:03 +0200 (CEST) Vincent Torri <vto...@univ-evry.fr>
said:

> Hey
>
> Today, I have fixed the EFL so that Elementary is working on Windows
> again. It seems that, at least for advertising, it would be nice if the
> 1.1 release is announced with the Windows support.

agreed. only thing i think we need to ensure is we have your standard
"setup.exe" for 1.1 efl libs - a link to it and of course "how to build it
yourself" information all up to date (i believe it is atm).

> For those who try and run the EFL on Windows, if you see some problems,
> please open a ticket in trac, with eventually a patch if you find how to
> fix the problem. I'll try to fix them (i will have time mostly during
> week-ends to work on them, so don't expect quick answers / fixes).
>
> For those who want to work on the EFL on Windows, there are at least 2
> important features to add:
>
>   * opengl engine
>   * async preload in evas.

this may actually end up pending until an engine/loader/etc. system rewrite. so
for now no async preload is a downside of windows.