On 07/29/2011 09:39 AM, Nicolas Aguirre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When i activated XCB support in ecore and evas, engage is not usable
> anymore. When i click on engage bar the E desktop menu is displayed.
> It's like if engage doesn't take focus when mouse entered the window.
> There is no "zoom" animation on mouse over.
>
> I try with and without composite, with detourious and default theme.
> I updated all EFL, e and engage today.
>
> When i rebuild evas and ecore without xcb, and only them, engage is
> working again as expected.

Ok, I took a shot and tried to run this. I finally managed to get engage
to run, but it doesn't behave correctly....so yes, this is a confirmed
issue BUT I don't know enough about what engage is doing to attempt to
correct it. It seems (through trial & error), that if you turn off E's
setting for Using ARGB windows instead of shaped (in the Engine Settings
dialog) so that E uses shaped windows THEN engage receives the clicks
BUT does not actually display on the desktop. If you reverse that and
use ARGB windows instead of shaped, then Engage Does show on the
desktop, but clicks get passed right through to the desktop.

In short, smells of an Engage issue wrt what it is doing in cases of
argb vs shaped windows.

dh